You may also like
A DVR Created Purely for FPV (and Tapeless Camcorders)
The internal DVR on FatShark Dominator Goggles is ‘ok’, but it doesn’t come close to the quality that PAL/NTSC can offer. Instead of the MJPEG compression used in the Dominator, the PowerPlay uses x264 (AVC) compression, with a much higher bit-rate. The 30fps frame rate of the Dominator is also doubled to 60fps, which is essential for capturing fluid race footage.
- Powers FatShark Goggles (with power switch)
- h264 Recording, at up to 60fps
- Built-in 6cm LCD display, showing recording + playback
- USB-C Charging
- Accessories for Head, or Pocket Mounting
Note: 18500 Batteries NOT Included.
The Power Part…
PowerPlay’s Power section is a pair of two 18500, Li-ion cells, that can power a Dominator HDO + rapidFIRE + DVR for up to 3 hours *.
To recharge, either use the built-in USB-C port for up to 1.5A charging, or simply pop out the cells, and replace them with a freshly charged set.
Larger capacity 2040 mAh cells are available from most RC shops and are the same ones used in the FrSky X-Lite radios, so any decent FPV retailer will stock them.
18500 batteries no longer included.
The PowerPlay ships with a head-mounting accessory pack. A quick-release clip mounts on the rear of the standard goggle head strap, and the new included top-strap ensures a comfortable fit.
A short ‘Y’ cable connects to power, A/V, and the fan connector.
The rear-mounted DVR has the advantage of letting people standing behind you see what you, the pilot, is seeing.
A longer version of the cable is also supplied, for those who would rather keep their battery/DVR in a pocket, and keep weight off of the head.
Show off your Micro/Whoop footage
Quads that are extremely lightweight do not want the extra weight burden of an HD camera system. High-quality SD recordings of these amazing indoor flights are therefore of interest. PowerPlay delivers this quality.
The Choice of The Tapeless Camcorder Community
The PowerPlay has become the DVR of choice for fans of tapeless camcorders.
Tapes for these wonderful 'retro' camcorders have become difficult to find, but with the PowerPlay, these camcorders are offered a new lease of life, with storage on easy-to-find micro SD cards.
Check out what this community is doing:
- Power: 2x 18500 Li-ion cells (without protection circuits)
- Power Switch: Yes… powers both the DVR and the Goggles
- Video File Format: h264 (AVC)
- Video File Resolution: 720×576 (PAL), 720×480 (NTSC)
- Video Data Rate: ~15Mbps (PAL), ~8Mbps (NTSC)
- Black Flashy: None
- Can serve as a battery pack for FPV goggles
- 1x PowerPlay DVR
- 1x Head Strap Clip
- 1x Over-head Strap
- 1x Replacement fan cover mounting kit w/Strap clip
- 1x Short DC/AV ‘Y’ cable for head-mounting use (incl. Fan Power)
- 1x Long DC/AV ‘Y’ cable for pocket use (incl. Fan Power)
Note: Batteries NOT Included